About Our Organization
Big Brothers Big Sisters is not your typical organization.
We help children realize their potential and build their futures. We nurture children and strengthen communities. And we couldn’t do any of it without you.
We believe that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life.
As the nation’s largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and children (“Littles”).
Vision: all children achieve success in life.
Mission: provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
Accountability: by partnering with parents/guardians, volunteers and others in the community we are accountable for each child in our program achieving:
• Higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships
• Avoidance of risky behaviors
• Educational success
Our Programs Start Something
Here's the proof. National research has shown that positive relationships between Littles and their Bigs have a direct and measurable impact on children’s lives. By participating in our programs, Little Brothers and Sisters are:
- more confident in their schoolwork performance
- able to get along better with their families
- 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
- 27% less likely to begin using alcohol
- 52% less likely to skip school.